6.30.2008

Day 1: portland to parksville



When I decided to come on this missions trip, I was asked if I would work in the kitchen with another gal preparing all the meals for our group of 25. I love to cook so this seemed like a good fit for me. My work began a couple of days before leaving Portland since we were responsible for purchasing and packaging into coolers all the food that we would be needing. I think I was already sore from shuffling storage bins full of food around in the trailer before we ever departed.

Our first day began early enough to finish packing and be at the church by 6am. Those of you who know us well know that means really early! We travelled through Washington and caught a ferry in Port Angeles, headed for Victoria. I had the pleasure of riding with my good friend Katie and her son, Foster in their car while Lloyd rode in the 15 passenger van with all the kids.

Victoria is a beautiful city and we had a couple of hours to roam around. We hope to go back some day to really explore and soak it all in. Our team continued traveling most of the day and finally settled in a church in the town of Parksville for the night. I think I passed out at about midnight while others played mafia late into the night.

No comments: